Laona Hospitals & Doctors
Ovitz Hospital - Laona, Wisconsin circa 1925. Irish Family Postcard
Riverside Hospital - Laona, Wisconsin
The Riverside Hospital built in 1902 is believed to be Laona's first hospital .
It later became a boarding house operated by Effie (Starks-Irish) Zahringer. The building was razed in 1964.
The photo to the left was taken circa 1914.
Doctor Dawley - Laona's Second Doctor.
Carter Family Photo
Laona's fourth Doctor 1914-1950.
Olive Glasgow Photo
Laona doctor circa 1946-1983.
Photo from the Forest Republican
Dr. Roderic S. Elliott - Laona's third Doctor. Carter Family Clipping
The Eau Claire Leader - March 26, 1921.
Wisconsin Rapids Daily Tribune - March 28, 1921.
Sheboygan Press - November 16, 1923.
Doctor Frank Lackner - Laona's First Doctor.
Doxey Family Photo
Elliot Hospital - Laona, Wisconsin circa 1915. Irish Family Photo
The Elliot Hospital was Laona's second hospital and was destroyed by fire in 1918.
Daily Northwestern (Oshkosh)
March 22, 1918
Ovitz Hospital - Laona, Wisconsin circa 1980. Irish Family Photo
Ovitz Hospital - Laona, Wisconsin circa 1922. Photo: Town of Laona Collection
The Ovitz Hospital was Laona's third hospital and was constructed in 1920-21.
Dr. Gordon Carroll Laona Doctor 1939-1953